Thursday, November 29, 2012

Martin's Moments/Plays of the week

Nick earns play of the week with his batting performance against #3 Frontier. He had 3 HR's, a grand slam, a game lead off HR, and a 2 run shot. Also threw a 3 hitter against Frontier.
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - This week in Martin's Moment I chose two great defensive plays from the softball field and a grand slam from the baseball field.
It was once again a tough week to make a decision on the plays at the two and three spots. At number three, I selected the catch by Central Catholic's Alex Haan. She gave an incredible effort on the play and made the catch look easy. I decided to give the second play this week to Frontier's Kattie Lee. I thought the hustle by Lee and the focus she showed to turn the non traditional double play at second earned her the second best play this week. It was really a toss up though for me, maybe just consider it a tie.
The number one play this week was an easy decision for me though. Central Catholic's Nick Stone just had one of those games that doesn't come around often. He had a grand slam and a total of three homeruns in the Knights 16-4 win over number two Frontier. Stone also added 7 RBI's and struck out 7 batters on the mound! I was impressed!




No comments:

Post a Comment