Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What an incredible ride!!!

Nick's varsity career is coming to an end. What an incredible ride it has been. To see my son play on such an incredible baseball program is astonishing, to have now won 3 straight state baseball titles in a row with the 4th looming just weeks away WOW!!! No Indiana boys team has won 4 straight!!! Nicks team will make history at Victory Field in Indianapolis.

Senior night was a tearful night as we walked Nick out and was introduced to the wonderful & dedicated CC fans at beautiful Gordon Lemming Field, home of our Central Catholic Knights.

Memories at Gordon Lemming will never be forgotten by me & I'm sure not by Nick.

I want to thank the incredible coaching staff for working with Nick & developing him into the student/athlete he has become. I know that this was no easy task in the early years. No other coach & staff could have done what Coach Bordenets staff has done with Nick, thanks!

A quote from one of Nicks close friends and team mate (his catcher) sums up the emotions these kids have for one and another.

"I can't believe tomorrow is senior night. It seems like yesterday we set foot on Beautiful Gordon Leming for the first time as freshman. But look at all we've done together. I'm gonna miss you guys next year. Lets go out with a bang!! To the moon! Knights Baseball 2012"

I rememeber this post I made hundreds of posts ago after Nicks 2nd year playing youth baseball, the season that made the difference. I remember him stating matter factly that he wanted to play college baseball & the promise I made that we would spend every single minute on the baseball field he so desired.
The post: The Year 2006: The last pitch of the season. The umps right hand I think would be a great symbol for Nicholas' pitching season. Mrs. Washburn has the very same picture but with a much closer view. Now for an expressed feeling from a baseball father. The hours upon hours of pitching, practicing 3rd base and batting I have spent with Nicholas and with little recognition has paid off for this season anyway. The recognition for me is memories and the thought of knowing Nicholas has had fun & accomplished exactly what he wanted. You see, Nicholas does not like using a batting cage because of the challenge of The Wall. This means daddy gets to chase batted balls all over the outfield and in a lot of cases over the wall. Most of the time these sessions lasted 2 hours. Sometimes they lasted 3 hrs. These sessions were in 90+ heat and many a times in under 40 temps with snow blizzards. Yes, Nicholas did not let weather stop him from going out and attempting to slam one over the wall, nor did I ever complain.

Thanks for reading the stories!!!

Now, I want to thank all the former & current team mates for helping put Nick where he is in his life. Thanks to my son Nick for growing up to be such a wonderful teenager, alcohol & drug free, Nick you are the man!!! And now you're enroute to becoming a wonderful human being!!! Last, Nick keep up the hard work and dedication to the things that you have so much compassion for. Be a ROCKSTAR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment