Thursday, May 1, 2008

On to the championship game

McCutcheon Tourney
Played 1 game Friday night and won against McCutcheon. Nicholas went 2-4 with a ground rule double that bounced once and went over the fence. Never pitched as they didn't need him.

2 games today and the 1st I know little about as I had to work. We lost against a prominent tourney team Pony Express 2-0. From my understanding those 2 runs came on an error so they were unearned which means this must have been an incredible game to watch. Nicholas pitched the last inning and had a 3 up 3 down inning. Unsure of what happened at the plate but surely not much.

2nd game today I was working but in touch with a friend via cell phone and at the same time finishing with a possibility of getting back to see some of the game at Wea. Bill told me Nicholas bounced a double off the wall in the 1st inning for a double and 2 RBI's. I had called him. He called back a few minutes later and told me he had just been robbed when he backed the center fielder up against the wall. The player got a glove on it but it bounced out for a double. I got there in the top 1/2 of the last inning, we were down 10-8 and batting. Bill told me Nicholas had had another double in the previous inning off the right center wall. We exploded for 15 runs in this inning!!! Nicholas had 2 base hits in this inning for a 5-5 day at the plate. They brought him in to close & did this with authority. A K-out, a fly out and a measly grounder to the 2nd baseman. For the 1st time since his drastic mechanics change pitching he had good form consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment